Messy Beautiful Love: Hope and Redemption for Real-Life Marriages by Darlene SchachtMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
"Messy Beautiful Love" delivers an incredible testimony of grace that offers hope for today's marriages and a spark for rekindling love.
Love gets messy.
Financial problems, sickness, aging parents, a chronically unhappy spouse . . . trials will inevitably come that threaten your marriage. No matter how long you've been married or how strong your relationship is, sooner or later you are going to have a mess to clean up.
"Messy Beautiful Love" is about cleaning up messes God's way, exchanging your ideas for His, and being prepared for both the best and the worst that marriage has to offer.
When you surrender your relationship to God, then and only then will you experience the blessing of marriage as He intended. This is the blessing of obedience. "Messy Beautiful Love" is an invitation to that obedience. The cynical world says marriages don't last, but God knows better. Tune out the world and tune in to Him. When you do that, a beautiful marriage is not only possible, it's inevitable.
-- My review. If you have NEVER ever heard Darlene's story you MUST. Not because you need to be nosy. Because it is amazing what God can do, if you let him work. Darlene is one of the neatest ladies I know. This book is SUCH a blessing! This is going to be a book club in November on Women Living Well (www.womenlivingwell.org) and I encourage you to get your copy and join in! I know I am.. I have already read the book, but I know I can go over it and over it.
I could tell you what she says in here, but there would never be enough time in the day. I cried, I laughed, I couldn't get enough. At times I had to put it down, get on my knees and say thank you God for sending me this book, or confess something that I knew God was sending me this book to convict me of something at that moment.
Yes, please do read it. Join in the book club. Give copies! Read it over and over! Be blessed!
I received a copy in exchange for my honest opinion!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!