I am thrilled to be participating in the blog tour for Wishing on Buttercups. Each tour stop will be giving away one print copy of Wishing on Buttercups, U.S. residents only, so be sure and visit each stop to increase your chances of winning! Giveaway details are given at the bottom of the post.
February 10th – A Book Lover’s Retreat
February 11th – Shelley’s Book Case
February 12th – For the Love of Literature
February 13th - The Book Bag
February 15th - HomeSchooling4boyz
February 17th – Buzzing about Books
February 18th – Stuck on Books
February 19th – The power of words..
February 20th – My Recent Favorite Books
February 22nd – Melina’s Book Blog
February 24th – The Front Porch
February 26th – My Devotional Thoughts
February 28th – Diana’s Tea Time Reviews
February 28th – Create with Joy
Synopsis:
Can Love Survive When Secrets Collide?
She’d kept her secrets safely hidden—those from her past, and those in the present. Some things, Beth Roberts knows, a lady simply doesn’t share, even in the 1880’s West. The townspeople would never understand. No one ever has.
Jeffery Tucker, a handsome young writer, has kept his own secrets. He doesn’t have a right to pry into Beth’s affairs but finds himself strangely drawn to her and intrigued by the whiff of mystery surrounding her.
Beth knows that one day someone will unravel the threads of her past. And when two men from her past arrive, the truth might just hurt . . . Beth’s future and her heart.
As shadowy memories surface, Beth sketches the scenes she sees and is shocked by what—and who—her illustrations reveal. Dare she risk her heart again?
Thoughts:
I couldn't wait to delve into Beth's story, and we go most of the book with bits and pieces of the puzzle. Much like life. We have 2 different main stories, that come together so beautifully at the end. I couldn't get enough!
Each book stands alone, but together it is more enjoyable! You won't want to miss part 2 of some amazing stories of how God can heal places that long have scarred so deeply that you think you can't recover. Miralee really blends in a beautiful storyline with a fantastic message, all of them different and so beautifully written.
Please don't miss out!
Biography:
Miralee Ferrell- headshotMiralee Ferrell is a speaker, accredited counselor, and former ACFW chapter president who has published multiple contemporary and historical romance novels since starting to write in 2005. She enjoys horseback riding, gardening, and family gatherings around their eleven-acre property in Washington State’s beautiful Columbia River Gorge. Miralee has had eight books release, both in women’s contemporary fiction and historical fiction, with another 5 under contract. She’s an award-winning author of Western fiction, and her newest novel, Wishing on Buttercups released February 1, and is the second in a series set in Baker City, Oregon, 1880s.
Interact with Miralee:
Website: www.miraleeferrell.com
Facebook Author page: www.facebook.com/miraleeferrell
Twitter: www.twitter.com/miraleeferrell
Giveaway:
To be entered to win a print copy of Wishing on Buttercups, please ask Miralee a question in the comments below. Be sure to include your email address! Miralee would love to answer questions concerning her books, writing, publishing career, pets, or her hobbies. She will stop by throughout the day to answer questions, so drop in again to read her replies! I will choose a winner on Feb 25th. Good luck to everyone and happy reading!


Hi , Enjoyed the post.
ReplyDeleteMy question is are The Jacobs family from Blowing On Dandelions included in any future stories? I enjoyed these characters.
Thank you
mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com
Hi Jackie, we'll see them briefly in bits and pieces in all the rest of the books, but Mama (Frances Cooper) will be the most prominent in all of them, as she has the most colorful personality. Great question, Jackie!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing and introducing me to this author. The synopsis sounds intriguing. My question is how did you decide that a secret would be the focal point? I know everyone has their secrets, but why this one? Will that be answered in the story? Thank you again.
ReplyDeleteMiralee,
ReplyDeleteDo you like to write your books outside or inside ?
oh.hello.hiya@gmail.com
Thanks so much for joining the Tour!
ReplyDeleteMiralee, Do you have favorite snacks while you are writing?
Glad you joined the tour. Great post! Miss Miralee what is your favorite dish to make?
ReplyDeleteHi, Tonya! Great post! Miralee, what is your favorite comfort food?
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by everyone! I love to see all the enthusiasm for this wonderful book.
ReplyDeleteMiralee, if you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
Miralee will be back later today to check in and answer all the questions! Spread the word about the giveaway and Q&A.
Hi Katrina, it's so nice to meet you, too! Thanks for stopping by to ask a question, and I hope you get a chance to read one of my books. I chose this particular secret for Beth, but it has affected every part of her life, and even molded her personality to a degree. It goes back to her earliest childhood memories, and has left her with serious questions that have never been answered. Not only does she have a secret she's been hiding from the world (more than one), there are things about her past that she longs to uncover, as well.
ReplyDeleteHi Danie, I love your simple question, it's nice to get a very easy one, thank you! Definitely inside. I need quiet with very few distractions. If I were outside, I'd be looking at my flower beds and everything I'm itching to do, and wouldn't be able to concentrate on my work. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMelissa, I love snacking on nuts when I write, as well as chocolate of any kind, but as it affects my, ahem, waistline, I must be careful about over indulging! I also love iced tea.
ReplyDeleteWanda, let's see....my favorite dish to make? That's hard, because I actually do not enjoy cooking, LOL! But I like to bake pies and brownies and cookies. Sigh. More weight gain.
ReplyDeleteSarah, I'm sitting her close to giggling, as this is the third post so far that has to do with food. You girls are making me hungry!!! Comfort food, huh? Does chocolate count? With almonds and/or caramel? Or watermelon or cantaloupe? Hmm...ice cream?
ReplyDeleteDo you plan how many books you'll write in a series before you start writing?
ReplyDeletebn100candg at hotmail dot com
Lori, you're right about the bits and pieces of Beth's story being like life. It would sure be nice to have more of the pieces sometimes, though! Thanks for supporting Miralee on this tour!
ReplyDeleteMiralee, as you sit to write, do the words flow freely without too much thought or effort or do you have to intensely think and pull from deep inside for those words that appear on paper?
ReplyDeletemauback55 at gmail dot com
When you wrote the first book, did you already have plans for future books or did they come one by one?
ReplyDeletebn100--generally, that decision is made for me by my publisher. For example, with the Love Finds You books I wrote (4 of them) series weren't allowed. I WAS allowed to do a spin-off book using a strong secondary character from Last Chance and give her (Christy Grey) her own book set in Tombstone, AZ, but that wasn't planned at first. In this current series, I proposed the first one, but told them I could make it a 3 book series if that's what they preferred, and that's what the publisher decided. In my upcoming kids' horse novels, I first proposed 2 or 3, and they came back and asked for 4. So you just never know! Thanks for the great question!
ReplyDeleteCarole, you replied to a comment by Lori, but I don't see it at all? Has it not been approved or posted?
Melanie, it generally depends on where I am in the book and the story. If I know where I'm going at that moment in time, the words often come so fast I can barely keep up. Other times, I'm struggling to figure out what's going to happen next and must work through that blank spot before the words flow again.
Tonya, I had a very brief idea for book 2 and 3 when I proposed them, and actually ended up writing them in reverse order. Three became two, as the stories worked better in that order. Thankfully I have an editor and company who trust me and allowed me that kind of latitude! Thanks!
How long did it take to write Wishing on Buttercups?Thank you for the opportunity to win.augustlily06(at)aim(dot)com.Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhich character from Wishing on Buttercups do you most identify with?
ReplyDeleteHi Emma, it took about 4-5 months, due to other writing obligations and life in general interrupting, but I had 7 months to write it, so I still turned it in well ahead of my deadline. I love when that happens!
ReplyDeleteBeverly, I probably relate the most to Katherine, as I have bits of her personality and compassion, but I also can relate to Wilma Roberts who speaks truth when needed, but tries to do it in a more loving way than Mama Cooper. :-) Thanks!!
Miralee, If you could travel to any place in the world for a vacation, where would you go? How long would you stay?
ReplyDelete