Sunday, February 9, 2014

Review: You're Going to Be Okay

You're Going to Be Okay: Encouraging Truth Your Heart Needs to Hear, Especially on the Hard DaysYou're Going to Be Okay: Encouraging Truth Your Heart Needs to Hear, Especially on the Hard Days by Holley Gerth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sometimes it feels like life's falling apart at the seams. Sometimes you're completely worn out by stresses that never seem to end. For every woman who has been disappointed, who has watched a dream die, whose life isn't what she imagined it would be, bestselling author Holley Gerth has a heartfelt message of hope--you really "are" going to be okay. And it "is" possible to live with joy, resilience, and strength in both the good times and the bad. In fact, she says, that's what God desires for us.
With her trademark positive encouragement and probing questions for self-reflection, Holley encourages women to spend less of their lives regretting and more of their lives truly living. She shows them how to guard their hearts against despair and look to the future with confidence, remembering that they are part of a greater plan and "nothing "can stop God's purposes for them.

-- Is it even possible to live with joy, resilience, and strength in this broken world? -- it is what God desires for you! -- Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -- John 16:33

Gerth goes on with biblical references to encourage the daughters of the Great I Am, with biblical truths our hearts need to hear. She has exercises to fill out, pray about and do. I underlined three fourths of this book, and will buy a few copies to hand out, so I think I highly recommend this book!

So much of this book is good, I can't list it all in this review. But I think my favorite part is the go deeper study at the end. What a blessing Holley is and I hope you will find this book a blessing as well!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a book that our group would really benefit from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Michelle. I am going to have a giveaway in the next couple of days for this book too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!