Grace and Ted Chapman are widely regarded as the perfect literary power couple. Ted is a successful novelist and Grace, his wife of twenty years, is beautiful, stylish, carefree, and a wonderful homemaker. But what no one sees, what is churning under the surface, is Ted’s rages. His mood swings. And the precarious house of cards that their lifestyle is built upon. When Ted’s longtime assistant and mainstay leaves, the house of cards begins to crumble and Grace, with dark secrets in her past, is most vulnerable. She finds herself in need of help but with no one to turn to…until the perfect new assistant shows up out of the blue. To the rescue comes Beth, a competent young woman who can handle Ted and has the calm efficiency to weather the storms that threaten to engulf the Chapman household. Soon, though, it’s clear to Grace that Beth might be too good to be true. This new interloper might be the biggest threat of all, one that could cost Grace her marriage, her reputation, and even her sanity. With everything at stake and no one to confide in, Grace must find a way to save herself before it is too late.
Powerful and riveting, Jane Green's Saving Grace will have you on the edge of your seat as you follow Grace on her harrowing journey to rock bottom and back.
My thoughts. -- This was my first Jane Green book. It won't be my last though. Grace, or Gracie by those that know her best. It starts off, Grace is coming home, and isn't sure what kind of mood her author husband, Ted, is going to be in. He is a hot-head. Not your just run-of-the-mill hot-head. Throwing things, nutso hot-head. She is terrified of him. It goes back to her mother, her mother it turns out was diagnosed bi-polar and so she relives it every time Ted throws one of his fits.
Grace has it pretty good, but their assistant Ellen is going to take care of her mother and they should probably find a new one, one suddenly appears. Like sent from heaven, or so it seems, at first. Beth seems plain, but she seems very efficient and capable of doing a lot of tasks, and more than they required of her.
Then things start happening. I am not going to say anymore, but I couldn't put the book down, I read it in a matter of a couple hours. Jane writes with such passion and the bi-polar aspect really was amazing. I loved the love aspect. I was yelling through the last third of the book, begging her. Well mum is the word. I won't say more, but please, please do yourself a favor and read it. You won't regret it!
I received this book from a contest, in exchange for my honest opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!