Things come full circle in A Desirable Residence by Madeleine Wickham. A family of three purchases a tutorial college and moves into the flat above it, hoping to sell their house -- What ends up happening is the married woman falls in love with the real estate agent, has an affair and falls deeply in love with the idea of having money and no worries that he does. However, the real estate agent is married as well. Their lives end up entertwining and coming to a climax in the end.
Meanwhile, the real estate agent had a temporary fix for them until the house sold, renting it out to a PR person from the firm. Ginny and her actor boyfriend Piers have drama of their own.
There is no shortage of drama and more drama in this book. It didn't have my attention for many pages but when it was climaxing and coming to a head, it made for a very interesting read. Beautiful ending!!!! I truly enjoyed it!
I am a follower! I also wanted to let you know that I have a huge announcement up today! My debut novel is getting published! Please stop by, I would really appreciate it and could use all the help I can get on spreading the word and would love to know what you think of the cover art!
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com
P.S.- My release date if Friday the 13th (August this year) isn't that crazy?
Stopping by from the hop. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletetalesandtreats.blogspot.com
Stopping in from the hop to say hi and have a look around. Nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteDianne
hi, girl!
ReplyDeleteI've been absent quite a while, but still stitching. I love books to, but wish I weren't so busy with all the rest, LOL. U still stitchin?