by Tracey Jackson
I wish once again I hadn't waited so long to read this book! Less than 24 hours later this book is finished! Tracey Jackson has a way of writing exactly what every woman is thinking, come on you know you are! I won't go into every point but the 4 stages of breasts, totally true!!! The spongebob thing, I had to read it outloud to my husband and had to re-read it because I couldn't stop laughing.
I loved the Virginia Woolf quote, "Arrange whatever pieces come your way." I think that is probably the turning point for Tracey. When I see Crisco I will forever think of her grandma, if my oldest teenager read this book I think she might try it -- she tries EVERYTHING these days.. hahaha
If anything I got out of this book, I think the most important thing I got was EXERCISE. I do believe that is key. The endorphins that come from it have a whole lot to do with depression and feeling better about yourself in general. Every chapter had a little piece of information, but I couldn't help but laugh when the online dating chapter came up. Too funny!!!
I thought this book would be whiny and superficial, however I will be recommending to everyone -- and MAKE SURE you pick up Tracey's movie Lucky Ducks on Amazon as well!!!
By the way, I didn't get the memo that my children are on loan!!! Just kidding! I am still debating on which room to turn into a den vs craft room etc..
Love your blog! I just became a follower! :) Erin
ReplyDeletewww.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com