A December Bride by Denise HunterMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Their first date was spontaneous---neither had a date to a particularly awkward wedding. But what started as a whim has turned into an accidental---and very public---engagement announcement, leaving Layla O’Reilly fit to be tied. Under normal circumstances, Seth Murphy---rich snob and best friend of her cheating ex-boyfriend---would be the last person she’d want to date, much less marry. But the news of their upcoming nuptials has convinced a big client that Layla may be high-society enough to work for his agency---which could put her fledgling home-staging business in the black.Seth Murphy’s pronouncement at the wedding seemed crazy to Layla, but he’s loved her secretly for years, even when she was dating his best friend. He’s sure she’ll never forgive him for the way he hurt her back then. But maybe, just maybe, he can convince her. When Layla agrees to keep up their engagement farce until she’s landed her client, Seth couldn’t be happier. The race is on.For Layla it’s the chance to save her career. But for Seth, it’s the chance to win her heart. If they can make it to the end of the year, maybe she’ll be his December Bride.
I love short stories like this one. It made me smile throughout. Short and sweet but really enjoyable, perfect! Seth (Murphy) and Layla are 2 characters you see from their points of view and it really makes the story come together. Although, I had to reread the first few pages again, I had to make that connection of Seth = Murphy. Although Seth is portrayed as a rich snob, I don't think he really is. Both of course come from opposite sides of the railroad tracks so to speak, classic love story of boy rescues girl. So much fun, how Layla comes to realize Murphy isn't playing, he really likes her!!!
Cute story, easy to read in one sitting, will have you in the mood for love! I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest opinion.
View all my reviews
I have this book from Netgalley, and Im looking forward to reading it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the review!