Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Review: 90 Minutes in Heaven

90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death & Life90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death & Life by Don Piper

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


As he is driving home from a minister's conference, Baptist minister Don Piper collides with a semi-truck that crosses into his lane. He is pronounced dead at the scene. For the next 90 minutes, Piper experiences heaven where he is greeted by those who had influenced him spiritually. He hears beautiful music and feels true peace.
Back on earth, a passing minister who had also been at the conference is led to pray for Don even though he knows the man is dead. Piper miraculously comes back to life and the bliss of heaven is replaced by a long and painful recovery.
For years Piper kept his heavenly experience to himself. Finally, however, friends and family convinced him to share his remarkable story.

--My thoughts. I was really disappointed that this book didn't cover more of his actual story. I think his story is tainted by what he thinks everyone wants to hear -- versus what might have actually happened, or did happen. I don't believe this book for one single minute and I feel as if I wasted my time. These types of books sway a lot of people and I hate when they come out, because it causes a lot of people to not use their brains -- Come on people. Think for yourselves.

This is all about his recovery not the accident and his 90 minutes, more like his 90 minutes of fame. Please don't give him that. I received this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!