Review: When Sparrows Fall by Meg Moseley
"I'm a sinner, Lord," he whispered, "but I'm Your sinner. May I always be in a condition accessible to mercy. So may we all." -- I think this statement sums up this whole entire book.
Miranda is a widowed woman in her 30's with 6 young children. When her Pastor calls an emergency meeting telling the single women and 2 widowed women of the church that he has had a message from the Lord that they all are moving to another place, Miranda knows it isn't for her. She and her children can't leave behind their home and land that has been in her deceased husband's family for ages. But as the black sheep of the church family she knows she must not make trouble. What will she do? She fasts, to get an answer from God. Hungry and a bit dizzy from fasting, early one morning before the children arose she was out at the cliffs by the house and she took a terrible tumble. Thank goodness she had changed her will and left them in the care of Carl's half brother Jack. However Jack might cause a few waves. It might be worthwhile though.
Meg Moselely wrote so beautifully, and although this is a fiction story, I do have to believe that this goes on a bit even today. People being bullied in churches.. I loved Miranda's spirit and all of the kids were priceless. Timothy had a struggle, but you knew he would come along.
There will be a few surprises in there for you, a few hidden gems. So enjoy the ride and I wrote down the quote at the top. Something I never want to forget. None of us should.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!