Riversong by Tess Hardwick
Wonderful debut! Coming from the Pacific Northwest this book interested me from the beginning. However, I could NOT put it down. Lee Tucker is a well developed character and very likable. You see a lot of yourself in her, well I did anyway.
Lee's husband commited suicide after their latest game wasn't working. When Lee learns that her husband owed someone a LARGE sum of money and they want it NOW, her best friend Linus helps her sneak out of town to the small town in Oregon where she grew up. She is there originally because her alcoholic mother just recently passed. Lee figured she could fix up the old place and sell it to pay back Dan's creditor.
Then Lee is thrown another life-changing event. She learns she is pregnant. With no income and needing to fix up the house, she goes in search for a job. Upon meeting Mike, a local restaurant owner, he offers her a proposition. One that might end up with Lee staying there forever.
When love walks in in the form of Tommy, will Lee be able to stick to her plan of leaving this small town and all that have come to love her? Very good storyline. Sure it has been done before, but these are all winsome characters, especially Ellen White, whom you will come to adore.
This is a wonderful first book, I think we will come to love Ms Hardwick!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!