Thursday, April 19, 2012

Review: The Book of Summers

The Book of SummersThe Book of Summers by Emylia Hall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A MUST read! Erzsi has a Hungarian mother and an English father. Her parents separated after a family vacation to her mother's home -- So every summer Erzsi goes and visits.

This book goes back and forth from the present when Erzsi is a grown woman to every summer what happened to bring them to the present dilemma. You can tell there is a dilemma, because when her dad comes to visit and he brings a parcel from her mother, Marika's boyfriend, things don't go so well.

This Book of Summers that Marika had made for Erzsi brings it all back for her. You will fall in love with the language, with Erzsi -- when I tried to go to bed, I was thinking about being in the last year, the year before the big event, whatever might have happened and I couldn't wait to get up the next morning and find out.

When an author writes like this, this is what readers delight in. She made a world for us -- don't be sorry and not read this one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!