Thursday, September 13, 2012

Review: No Ordinary Marriage

No Ordinary Marriage: Together for God's GloryNo Ordinary Marriage: Together for God's Glory by Tim Savage
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First principle of matrimony: we marry for the glory of God. Need I say more? I don't suppose I am glorifying God when I am selfish and don't submit to my husband as He has called me to do.

READ the book, the word submit isn't as ugly as it sounds. A Wife's Spirit chapter deals with a woman's heart. It will leave you feeling a bit unsettled but I am resolved to live for His glory and so I will reread this chapter over and over. Earnest prayer is at the heart of all of it. We can't do it without Him. Seek Him daily and you will reach peaks with your marriage and probably relationships in general.

In A Husband's Love, it deals with the husband and if both work on their own problems instead of worrying about each other, we would all be in a better place.

Let's do as Savage suggests, living our marriage for the glory of the Lord. Please take the challenge with me!

I will hand this book to everyone I know, newlyweds, it would make a great gift! Enjoy it, add it to your bookshelf -- set it next to your Bible, read it with your spouse. I hope to see more marriages healthy and thriving!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!