Blackberry Winter by Sarah JioMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Jio has outdone herself! I am officially a fan. I thoroughly loved The Bungalow so I was super excited to get my hands on Blackberry Winter, and it didn't disappoint.
We go back and forth between present time and 1933. It's May in Seattle and there is a freak winter storm. Vera is a single mother living paycheck to paycheck. She leaves her 3 year old son, Daniel, at home by himself during the nights she has to work and can't find anyone to sit for her.
In the beginning of this freak winter storm in May of 1933, Vera comes home to find Daniel gone. No one cares because she is poor and doesn't come from much.
Back to the present, a freak storm in May -- Claire works for the Seattle Herald comes across this story of a missing boy no one ever pursued. Claire and her husband Ethan lost a child last year.
I won't say any more. You will LOVE the way it all comes together, mystery and everything. I just have to say I really really disliked Ethan most of the book! Jio really outdid herself with this read. I really loved reading and thinking about the bond between mother and child. Beautiful beautiful story!!! I highly recommend to everyone.
I received a copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!