Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean WebsterMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Classic. Beautiful, fun, easy to read classic!
How I fell in love with this book. Jerusha Abbott has grown up in an asylum, never knowing her own family. A benefactor has paid for her to go to college. There are a few requirements though. She must write once a month and let "him" know how she is doing, with the understanding he will never write back and she will not know who it is.
Jerusha, later known as Judy, sees one of the trustees and he reminder her of a daddy-long-legs, so that is what she refers to her benefactor in her letters as. When she is in a good mood that is! She is a spry young lady and you will get an immense kick out of her!
I read this book after reading one of the mother/daughter book club books by Heather Vogel Frederick, and they were reading it. I love books that talk about books. Can't ask for more!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!