Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: One Glorious Ambition

One Glorious Ambition: The Compassionate Crusade of Dorothea Dix, a NovelOne Glorious Ambition: The Compassionate Crusade of Dorothea Dix, a Novel by Jane Kirkpatrick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kirkpatrick never fails to get the reader interested in the character and fall deeply in love from the very beginning. Dorothea Dix by all accounts was a woman growing up in an era when she was supposed to find her prince charming and be satisified with that. Dorothea had different ideas though. She felt as if God called her to be more, and more she did!

I loved her enthusiasm for life and all it could offer her was contagious. Her ideas and thoughts made me smile and laugh. Dorothea was a true gem and inspiration. I love how she thought, well every time I do this, I get sick, so maybe God has different plans for me. And she went from there to explore what really was her purpose and what God's plans were for her, to that if what she really wanted to do. She let that be her guide, which God blessed her greatly I feel.

Every Kirkpatrick book makes me want to know more about the person and I really love that in an author. I highly recommend this book as well. You will be inspired and what a good lesson for all of us, to let God guide our paths. I really wanted her to be a mom to Marianna, but that wasn't meant to be, no matter how hard Dorothea tried. I really felt bad every time she would mention it to Grace, she would be cold. Also, her relationship with Anne's family. I am sure her not having any real family but Charles, she longed forever for a family, but perhaps it wasn't meant to be.

Read it, you will love Dorothea's rising to the challenges God has set forth! May you be blessed by this book and inspired to really think of what God might have for you, instead of what you might have planned for you. It will be better, we know that!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!