Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: Booked

Booked: Literature in the Soul of MeBooked: Literature in the Soul of Me by Karen Swallow Prior
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well, any book that talks ABOUT books is one I want to read. In the beginning was so with the author. Who has a young girl didn't love Charlotte's Web? I wanted to live on a farm after that and that book, along with CS Lewis's books and Little House On the Prairie books ignited my love of reading.

Then with Jane Eyre, I haven't had the pleasure of reading it, but I did get it on my kindle. So I enjoyed that. But beyond that, I got lost in her journey. When it came to the poems, I shut down. I greatly dislike poems. I am strictly pretty much fiction, unless it has to do with marriage books and devotionals.

At times, I felt as if I understood what she was saying and other times I was beyond lost. Also, there wasn't as much talk of how she came to her relationship with God. Overall, I do love books that talk about books, but maybe non-fiction is not my cup of tea, unlike others who might enjoy it!

I know though if it is on my dad's book talk show on www.kufoam.org I am going to listen!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!