Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Women of a Dangerous Age

Women of a Dangerous Age: A NovelWomen of a Dangerous Age: A Novel by Fanny Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I fell in love with this book shortly after page 1 and the sadness I feel now that is over is so great! I just loved Lou and Ali. At first, my nose went up with Ali. I mean who really likes a serial mistress? But Ali is easily liked! And Lou, after all those years of marriage, things aren't easily undone.

Lou and Ali meet on a trip to India and become friends quickly. Lots of scenes will have you laughing out loud, Lou's suitcase popping open in the airport comes to mind! Lou is divorcing her husband Hooker and is starting a boutique with her vintage clothing. Ali's recent married man has asked her to move in with him, and he is leaving his wife.

Well Lou gets a famous idea of having Ali go into business with her, selling her jewelry at the boutique. So they meet to discuss the business, and they see Ali's married man, and Lou's soon to be ex-husband. Yes they are the same person! Hooker is Ian. Ahhhh!!!!! And the drama begins. Hooker is a liar and a terrible husband but a good father. That is why and how he can play on Lou's sympathy.

Will Ali settle for married men her whole life? Will Lou be able to resist Hooker's charm? All this and more in this wonderful book that is so hard to put down, I had to do a couple of chores and come back for a few more chapters... Enjoy!! Perfect beach read to take enjoying these last few days of summer!!!

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads First Read program in exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!