Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review: Blowing on Dandelions

Blowing on Dandelions (Love Blossoms in Oregon #1)Blowing on Dandelions by Miralee Ferrell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Miralee did such an excellent job with this book, I can't even begin to explain.

This book has relationships at its finest. Mother/daughter relationships can be like a minefield. Us woman are so complicated and when you have mothers and daughters, both wanting the end result from each, it can be a difficult course to navigate.

The setting is the 1800's, we have a widow and her 2 daughters running a boardinghouse. Katherine ends up with a house full, full of characters you will come to love! Mr Tucker has a story behind him and I can't wait to find out more!

But for this book, we focus on Katherine and Micah. Micah's house burns down and him and his son Zachary end up staying at the boardinghouse, reliant on the charity of Katherine. Katherine's mom is not happy about this. She has a sharp tongue and doesn't hold anything back. Mother and daughter relationship has been strained forever with this poison. Can it ever be mended? Miralee's message of what God can do rings throughout this wonderful heart warming story!

Can't wait for the next part!

I received a copy from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this book, but I can't wait to read it! I love 1800's fiction :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!