Where Somebody Waits by Margaret KaufmanMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
First of all, this book is so cute. I adore the cover! So when it arrived I couldn't wait to sink my eyes into it. I love the first half, told from Ruby's point of view. Ruby is a southern girl, had a chance meeting with Bubba, who owned a local store. They hit it off.
BUT we didn't know about John Clay, who Ruby had been involved with, but he went off to the war. Bubba seemed to really dote on Ruby and he sure did love her. I think one of the things maybe between them is that they didn't have children.
After Ruby's point of view we get a few others. I enjoyed it up until Frank's point of view, and then it just jumbled all together for me. I love books with southern themes and this one was fantastic. At some point, I just think the point got a bit muddied and needed some help.
That being said, I thoroughly did enjoy it! Great way to spend a lazy afternoon. Also, you will get why there is a ferris wheel, and it makes you really think about love..
I received this book from Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest opinion.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!