Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review: Three Days on Mimosa Lane

Three Days on Mimosa LaneThree Days on Mimosa Lane by Anna DeStefano
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Well. I have so many thoughts. I wanted to like this book. At times I really enjoyed it. But I struggled. Half of the time, I couldn't tell who was talking. Also, 3 days, but was that really 3 days? Even if it was spaced apart, it was more than 3 days.

Rambling seriously, this really needs an editor's eye! Some parts should be rewritten and cut out. Samantha was a teacher, right by Ground Zero, when 9/11 happened. Since then, basically she has had PTSD and is having trouble coping in everyday life. Neither of her boys know what happened to her. So when she commits do helping at the bake sale at her sons' school, and there ends up being a shooting, it all starts again for her. And her family. And the community.

Good idea, but clearly needs something to make it really worth reading. Some good points, but it all wraps up way too easy for this reader. Does that make me want to not read any of the books in this series? Not sure yet.

I did enjoy the excerpt for the next book, so I think that will be the decider for me!

I received this book from Goodreads First Read program in exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!