The Virtuous Life of a Christ-Centered Wife: 18 Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth by Darlene SchachtMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
The Virtuous Life of a Christ-Centered Wife is written in the format of an 18-part study for daily or weekly reflection. Not only is it a powerful tool for personal growth, it’s also an ideal study-guide for small groups!
Each lesson leads you through one virtue at a time, offering you applicable and inspiring ways for a wife to grow closer to God and her husband. The virtues discussed are these:
• Purity
• Self-control
• Love
• Diligence
• Patience
• Kindness
• Humility
• Faith
• Forgiveness
• Joy
• Passion
• Radiance
• Encouragement
• Balance
• Goodness
• Trustworthy
• Courage
Virtue calls us to action. As we exercise each one, they bring our flesh in line with our Spirit.
It’s one thing to know what’s good, and it’s another to walk in obedience to the knowledge that we have received. Not always easy, but obedience to our faith is always worth the effort it takes!
-- Darlene takes us so easily down a path with each virtue, not staying too long but a few verses and thoughts about each virtue. Then using the SOAP (Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer) method you work through each virtue a little bit.
With Darlene's style of writing, you read and re-read it, possibly stopping to pen notes, pray and sometimes cry a bit. Darlene gives bits of herself, leaving her open and vulnerable. I always loved the idea of a mission statement, but being married for so long, I thought, heck those are only for the newlyweds. But after Darlene's urgings, I think I will request we do one!
I could hear Darlene's voice the whole time I was reading, you can just tell her heart is in this book. As she gently nudges us all closer to Him. What a blessing! This will make great small bible studies as well as great gifts for others.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
View all my reviews
Hi Tonya,
ReplyDeleteI would love to have this book. Right now I have each of the 9 fruit of Spirit on my google calendar to remind me to walk in that particular fruit for that day. I got excited to read this book will lead me through one virtue at a time in a study. I would love to win this! Thank you.~ Rachel
Sounds like a great book! Things we all need to learn more about and work on, no matter how good our marriages are, and how close our relationship is to God-it could always be closer and deeper! I like books that teach you slowly, not give you so much information at once. This sounds like one of those books. Maybe I will win it! Great review Tonya!
ReplyDelete