The Revealing by Suzanne Woods FisherMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Love did extraordinary things to people. Best line EVER! So I think I am a total disadvantage. This was my first book in this series. It being book three, not a good place to start. Now, can it be a standalone? Sure. Was it good? Yes. But I was lost, who was who, and who belonged to who. I needed a map. I couldn't keep track of them all! Yikes!
You have Tobe who is in prison, and he is secretly married to one of the girls, and the brother doesn't know but then the brother likes one of the other girls. Then you have an English lady visiting the Inn, who is a good replicator of art and ends up committing a crime. Lots of good drama going on if you can keep track of it.
There is also a baby, but is Tobe really the dad? So much going on, sometimes I thought maybe I would like one or two good story lines and keep it more simple myself. I think I might have to check out more books by Ms Fisher, she really got my eye.
That being said, I do think there were some good thoughts in here. Also, at the end, the blueberry lemon squares, already made those! Totally delicious!!
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.
View all my reviews
Hi Tonya!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading my story--sorry you felt lost! It's a tricky thing...to write a series with an overriding story arc but to also make each a satisfying read. Glad you were part of the blog tour! Warmly, Suzanne