True Sisters by Sandra DallasMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Fantastic! Excellent! Outstanding. Need I say more? What starts out with a lot of characters, which might overwhelm the reader at first, ends up not being enough! Just kidding. Honestly, this book was outstanding. I love learning a little, but also what a tale.
Based on journals and diaries Dallas had read, this is a heart-warming story of the trek across the US that Mormom followers made. Heartbreaking as well at times. So many of them didn't make it but they sure were more courageous and obedient than I think we would be today.
What started out as a good idea with the handcarts, ended up being a catastrophe. Not only were the carts made with wood that wasn't sturdy, there wasn't any provisions along the way. They ended up losing, leaving or selling most of their belongings. Beaten down by weather, sickness and a handful of other reasons, so many gave up. Losing each other and their spirits in the process.
Also, polygamy was a big part of their religion and something each woman battled with I do believe.
So many to root for in this exceptional harrowing tale --- read it TODAY!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!