Lola's Secret by Monica McInerneyMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I didn't read The Alphabet Sisters, and I know I missed out. Now don't get me wrong, you don't have to read it to know what is going on but would have fallen in love with Lola a long time ago. Lola is a spirited older woman with a huge family that comes to her for EVERY problem.
Lola has a few secrets of her own. A previous love and Christmas plans for the hotel when everyone leaves. Life has its way of twisting and turning like we never expect though. Lola's Secret is chalk FULL of secrets, twists, mystery and love -- family is important, and this story is so beyond enjoyable, I can't recommend it enough.
Out of all the characters, Geraldine was my least favorite, her attitude toward my lovely Lola -- Jim should have more of a backbone with his wife, treating his mother like that! Each of the 8 motel guests, those stories are mysteries in themselves, you will love each one. Especially for myself the 3 girls with the parents ugh!
Enjoy this story and check out the other ones by Monica. She is an excellent writer! One to be put on everyone's favorites!
I received this book from Amazon in exchange for an honest review.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!