Monday, August 20, 2012

Review: With My Body

With My BodyWith My Body by Nikki Gemmell
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

VERY painful to read. Many times I wanted to give up but I despise not finishing a book, even if it is terrible. Short little snippets of mindless nonsense fill each page, making me thoroughly confused, bored and restless. A GOOD book should have you wanting to turn each page to find out what is next, this book made me want to pull my hair out, strand by strand and only turn the pages to see it come to an end, the quicker the better.

To even really say what it was about would be a lie. What started out promising, a woman has married and is raising children. We all know after awhile your self feels hidden because you are busy taking care of everyone else and I thought this book was about her discovering and finding it. Not really sure how or why the teenage story snuck in. But it did. And it went downhill quickly.

Maybe for some it might be a journey they understand, but not for this reader. I would have preferred more of something, and for the lesson to match what might be written in that part!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!