Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review: Miss Me When I'm Gone

Miss Me When I'm Gone: A NovelMiss Me When I'm Gone: A Novel by Emily Arsenault
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When you read, what do you look for? I love a bit of mystery, a good friendship and maybe some romance. Well this book has 2 out of three. How far would you go for a friend? Would you try and solve who murdered them, while you were pregnant? Well Jamie does just that! Her best friend Gretchen was found at the bottom of some stairs, dead. Who would kill her? Gretchen's mom and dad (aunt and uncle) ask Jamie to be her "literary executor" and read her notebooks and laptop, figure out what Gretchen was up to in her second book.

I loved the mystery, because not only is it a mystery as to who killed Gretchen and why, but also who killed Gretchen's real mother and why. Find that killer and I think you might find Gretchen's killer as well. Thrown in are a bunch of different country singers and songs and various facts. Also another mystery is who is Gretchen's dad. Personally, I thought that one of the candidates would have been the killer.

I won't ruin it for you but if you love a good read, don't delay and purchase this one RIGHT away! Emily Arsenault is a fantastic writer, building up to such a spectacular ending I could have never dreamt up! Hooray for a good writer!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!