The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan MeyersMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
An affair that ended with a child being born. The child gets adopted by a couple where the "mom" isn't sure she is cut out to be a mom. Then we have the husband and wife torn apart by the affair and then topples more when five years later the wife finds out a child was born because of it.
When the 3 women intersect, the fireworks begin. Tia drifts here and there, always wondering if her and Nathan would have been and if she should have kept Savannah.
Juliette is trying to come to terms with the affair and the child she doesn't share with her husband. Caroline enjoys her work sometimes more than she enjoys Savannah, but does that make her a bad mother?
All of this comes together in a perfect tale, only told by Meyers. After her first book I couldn't wait for the next. My only problem really with this book is in some parts, I could have missed it and not cared. Doesn't take away from the story though!
I received a copy of this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!