The House Girl by Tara ConklinMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I knew when I read the blurb I would love this book, but I wasn't prepared for how much I would. I loved every single moment spent with Josephine and Lina. Different periods in time, but coming together for one incredible read. I really loved reading about Josephine and Missus Lu. They were my favorite.
You will get a mystery or 2 in this dear read. Enjoy every second of it! It is well worth it. 1852, Josephine is owned my Missus and Mister -- but after Missus dies there is no record of her. Or is there? Conklin brings all together with artwork. Lina is in 2004, a first year in the law practice, assigned to a case that is going to be a first, naming slaves and getting what should be owed to them back.
There is also a bit of romance tucked in here, each savory word Conklin wrote regardless, was out of this world fanastic. She is an excellent writer and I can't wait to tell everyone in February to go get this book! Make sure you do, you don't want to miss out!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!