Thursday, January 10, 2013

Review: The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society

The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking SocietyThe Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society by Darien Gee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was so glad to get this book. I have been waiting a LONG time. It was so worth the wait. Connie and the goat she found, that she doesn't want to find the owners for and just her life in general. Isabel's husband left her when his lover, Ava, got pregant. But then Bill died. So now everything is a big mess.

These are just TWO of the stories, well really three, because you have Isabel's story AND Ava's, that you will read about and fall in love with. I so love the tea salon and I love how recipes are included in the back. Bill's spaghetti sounds so yummy I can't wait to try it. Just so you know, the mountain dew dumplings are to DIE for!!! Lots of vanilla bean ice cream on top makes them so delicious! My mouth watered every time they were mentioned.

Each person has their own quirks, but I love each of them. Grab kleenex though, between Bettie's story and Mei Ling's... you will need the whole box.

The ONLY thing I hate about books like these, are waiting for the next ones!!! Happy reading!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Added this to my book list. Sounds like a great one. And I love recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!