The Opposite of Art: A Novel by Athol DicksonMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Amazing! -- So I must say I was blown away by this novel. My first Athol Dickson. I really liked the descriptions, but then the cover wasn't much, so I didn't pick it up for forever. But I did. Yesterday, 12 hours ago. And haven't been able to put it down except to do a few life chores!
Now I am in no way, shape or form really one to say really literal things about books. Deep, me not so much. This book is not to be read lightly, just skimming through. You will want to read, ingest, reread each sentence, savoring it. Some of the descriptions, like the sky was being pregnant, bloody brilliant in my book!
Once I really got into the book, I enjoyed each chapter, viewing the world from a different person's eyes. Some good, some bad, all enjoyabled!
I was so outraged when Talbot Graves hits Ridler with his van and then gets greedy and wants all the paintings and Ridler's woman, Suzanna, on top of it. But be careful, what goes around comes around!
I am sad this book is over, way too quickly for me! Please, if you haven't read this book, get it. You won't be sorry!
I received a copy of this book from the First Reads program on Goodreads, in exchange for my honest opinion.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!