The Grief of Others by Leah Hager CohenMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Well well. This book has so much emotion in it. I didn't expect to be affected by it. Although I have suffered a miscarriage, I couldn't imagine carrying a child, knowing the outcome and not telling anyone. With that being said, I totally understood how alone she felt and what her husband would have wanted her to do.
And what everyone does with their grief. Like it says, they are all on their own icebergs, drifting they feel alone, but really those icebergs can come together, if we let them.
Stages of grief. The grief of others. I loved every written word in this book. When the mom was driving and talking about going over the bridge, how it would feel, you could totally imagine being in the car, the icy, frozen Hudson.
I think out of everyone though, Biscuit was my favorite. I loved when Jess first came to the house, and was in Biscuit's room. She is just so darn cute and smart to boot!
Cohen has a deep sense of what readers like and how to make them feel it. Grab a box of kleenex though, I felt at times as if I was going to break into pieces more than them!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!