Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: For Women Only

For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of MenFor Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Feldhahn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tons of statistics, lots of polls taken. Very informative.

But I would caution the author when writing "grounded in biblical hope" to MAKE sure you have the book FIRMLY grounded in the Bible. I searched and searched for some mention of what GOD thinks about all of this. Man can think all they want. And to a certain extent, all these polls and what men think, are so helpful to us women. BUT be very careful when you say you are grounded in the Bible, and then not really mention it!

I really found a lot of interesting. What we as women really miss out on, is well it is their problem if they can't keep them eyes to themselves and not think things they shouldn't. We, as women of God, should help by being modest. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."

Most of the things Shaunti mentions you will want to smack your head and say, duh I should have thought of that! If you are trying to be a daughter of God, and have a better relationship with your other half, then this book will certainly help. However, grab your Bible and do some research too. I also recommmend John Piper's This Momentary Marriage. BEST book ever!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!