Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin SloanMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Nerdville I have visited! The title grabbed me. I mean who wouldn't love a 24-hour bookstore! Give me the directions to it!
But a nerd, and more nerds, MAJOR nerds. All this tech talk, blah blah blah for this reader. Half the time I was thinking yea yea yea whatever that means. BUT I so loved talking about books, I am a lover of books that smell. If you are a booklover, then you totally know what I mean! Don't pretend like you don't!!
I really loved the budding romance between our narrorator, Clay and Kat. Who doesn't love a good mystery? Clay is out of a job, and one day comes upon Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, who has a help wanted sign in the window. When Clay is hired for the night shift, he soon discovers that this isn't a regular bookstore. Clay and all his nerdy friends try to crack this code, and still live.
What kind of code you ask? Honestly, I have no idea! That is where I got lost. This part of the book I just smiled and went on. It was very enjoyable to have reading and books come together, but so much information about stuff I don't understand and am not knowledgable in. Enjoyable none the less!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!