Nowhere But Home by Liza PalmerMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Palmer is a genius. She has created such a wonderful, wacky character I was instantly in love! How can you NOT love a girl with spunk, a woman really who we can all identify with? I love the whole yelling at the customer because he put ketchup on the eggs thing. Queenie has been trying to find her place all over the US. In New York she thought she could make it but she gets fired yet again. With only 2 days left in the hotel before they deactivate her card for her room, she decides she might go home, just a few days anyway. Too see her nephew get star quarterback. Then she will move on. But will she?
Her home town in Texas, North Star, is a hoot. Her sister, Merry Carole, larger than life personality. Everyone should have a sister like her! Journey with Queenie as she discovers some things about herself she never knew and where her place REALLY is!
I loved Palmer's writing and I hope she never stops writing! This book was laugh out loud hilarious. She has such a quirky fun personality I couldn't help but smile. Even some of the seriousness still made me laugh. I mean, who thinks this stuff up? Palmer!!! Enjoy, you won't want to put it down, and it will end before you are ready!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!