Life After Life: A Novel by Jill McCorkleMy rating: 1 of 5 stars
Gosh darn it! I hate not finishing a book, but halfway through, I just can't read one more page.
And I was so looking forward to this book. But when you can't tell who is talking, or even what this book is about, time to give up the ghost. And I am thinking by reading this page, literally!
Abby, a young girl who's mom seems very cruel, I think she had something to do with the disappearance of her dog. And her relationship with her dad, I enjoyed. Sad to say, beyond her, I am not sure really what was going on. I think I enjoyed at the beginning, the nursing home grabbed me, but it quickly loosened its grip, as the story just went in too many directions, too quickly.
Never introduce so many people so quickly and have it so all over the place!
Maybe after being gone from the book world for so long, they were anxious to put out a book by McCorkle, and pushed instead of letting it develop properly.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!