Sunday, September 22, 2013

Review: You Knew Me When

You Knew Me WhenYou Knew Me When by Emily Liebert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I stayed up in ONE night to read this book. Kitty and Laney were best friends, after Kitty and her dad moved to Manchester. Kitty's mom had been killed in a freak accident. Kitty is reserved, overweight she feels and the total opposite of Laney! Laney is beautiful, outgoing and her parents give her whatever her heart desires. Maybe that is why their relationship worked.

Anyway, at the beginning, both ladies are summoned to an attorney's office to read Luella's will. Luella is the lady that lived in a house between their houses. She took a liking to both girls, but more to Kitty, as you will find out why later in the book. Anyway, both ladies are listed to be the beneficiaries of all of her possessions and the house. They have talked in 12 years, after Kitty broke Laney's brother, Grant's heart. Will they be able to put their feelings aside to sell all of the items in Luella's house or will all the anger and rage they have for each other destroy everything?

We go back and forth from past to present, between the two perspectives. I loved both of them, but I really liked Katherine, or Kitty. Kitty seemed so hurt but so real and I loved both of the sense of humors. From Laney's perspective, she is also dealing with her teenage daughter. If you love books about women's relationships, love, family and loss, this is the book for you! Heck if you love to read this is the book for you! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

I received this book from the Goodreads First Read program in exchange for my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!