Sunday, September 1, 2013

Review: Happy Any Day Now

Happy Any Day NowHappy Any Day Now by Toby Devens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great escape! Judith is loveable in that quirky, downhome way. Her mom, Grace, is just as likeable. I mean how often do you get a Jewish/Oriental lady? One that is turning 50, still not married and no children. And although I think that she might have wanted it, I think Judith really learns a lot about herself and what she wants.

I was rooting for Geoff from the beginning. I have to say, EVERY character is very likeable and so much fun to read. A lot of parts you will laugh out loud. But there is a point to all of it. Judith really learns, sometimes what we loved and liked when we were younger isn't always as grand as it seemed.

I loved how there was a climax, of the relationships with the 2 men, Geoff and Charlie. Then you have Judith coming to terms with her father coming back into her and her mother's lives. Also, you have a new opportunity with the symphony -- lots of changes coming for Judith. Can she make it without having a panic attack and needing a little blue pill?

Pick it up, let Judith, her mother and all the characters of this wonderful book into your mind for a weekend. I promise you will adore them, and they might stay awhile!

I hope Devens doesn't stay a stranger with the literary world!

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads First Read program in exchange for an honest opinion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!