Falling Together by Marisa de los SantosMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Pen, Will and Cat all met in college. But for six years they haven't seen one another, talked, nothing. They all promised not to check up on each other, just get a clean break. However when Pen and Will get a message from Cat to meet her at the reunion, they both are apprehensive but go in the end. It isn't Cat that sent them the notes though, it is Cat's estranged husband, Jason. A meathead if you will. Will and Pen greatly dislike Jason, but he asks them for help finding Cat.
When finding Cat seems to be the most important thing on this trip to the Phillistines, I think everyone finds a bit more of themselves. Marisa de los Santos writes with such descriptions you will feel like you are snorkeling with them, or at the santucary seeing the tiny monkeys, or traveling in one of the seats besides them on the plane.
Pen is one of the best characters I have come across in awhile. She is full of life, love and comes full circle dealing with her father's death, her love for her daughter's dad, Patrick and I think they all come away with new insights into life.
I am not going to spoil it for you and tell you if they found Cat, but what is more important is what they came back to the States with! Enjoy!!!
View all my reviews
I won this book recently (still don't have it) and can't wait to read it. Nice review!
ReplyDelete