Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Review: Shine

ShineShine by Lauren Myracle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a book that will stay with me for a LONG time. Shine, is written so beautifully that you immediately fall in love with our main character, Cat a sixteen year old girl living in the south. Cat's former best guy friend Patrick, was found beaten and tied to a gas pump with a gas nozzle in his mouth and something written on his chest in blood.

In a small town of 700 some, I am sure the officers feel a sense that they might know who did this terrible crime, but if they charge someone, repercussions might be more than they want to deal with.

However Cat has a different plan. She wants to know who did this terrible thing. At the same time, it is a journey for her to figure out why exactly she stopped being friend with Patrick and the others.

Told in the southern voice I love, you can't help wanting to go on this journey with Cat. Kept me guessing till the very end -- Subject material I wasn't sure about at the beginning, but Cat's point of view isn't about sexual preference or right/wrong, it is about human compassion -- Brilliant book, read it! It will stay with you for a long time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!