The Hunchback of Neiman Marcus: A Novel About Marriage, Motherhood, and Mayhem by Sonya SonesMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Hilarious, witty and engaging. This book will have you laughing, crying and nodding your head the whole time. It is written in a really unique way. At first I wasn't sure I liked it, but I didn't just like it, I loved it! She kept it short and simple.
Our main character Holly is about to become an empty nester, their only daughter leaving to go to college -- At the same time, she starts going through menopause, her mother gets sick and she thinks her husband is having an affair. Also, she is supposed to be writing but with everything going on, how can she possibly get anything done?
We all have been there. Motherhood, being a daughter, wife and mother are all very time consuming and mentally exhausting at times, but like Holly, we realize what is really important and there are temporary hiccups in life.
I recommend this book to everyone! Especially if you are about to send your children off into the world.
I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in exchange for an honest review.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!