The Giver by Lois LowryMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Outstanding book! What a concept, this world of Sameness. No hills, no sunshine, no rain, no snow.. No love, or other emotions we experience on a daily basis. A woman and man are paired together, they get each one boy and one girl.. job assignments.. Another big one is NO color..
What happens if you should get "released"? Lots of questions will be answered in this book.
When you are a "twelve" you get your job assignments. Jonas is so excited, but at the ceremony he is passed over. At first he is embarrassed but then he gets the greatest honor of all. To be a "receiver". Jonas has no clue what that is about, but what it is is, the "receiver" gets all the memories, good and bad and keeps them so that if the community has a question, they can go to the receiver and see if their idea is a good or bad one, because they know everything about why they made the rules the way they are, because of pain, hurt etc.
I hope I can explain it half as good as the book does. LOVED this story. I won't say any more, but if you haven't read this book YET, order it RIGHT now! You won't want to put it down! I recommend this book to everyone!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!