Lost Melody: A Novel by Lori CopelandMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
More than I expected! I expected a general story, but it sucked me in from the very beginning. Jill is just a character that I didn't expect to like so much, but with her honest attitude you find yourself holding your breath alongside her, seeing what will come of her prediction/warning.
Jill is an on the rise piano player, who was injured in a subway accident and hasn't played the piano since. She moved back home to the town of Seaside Cove and has basically hidden. Then all of the sudden close the anniversary of the accident, she has a dream in which there is fire and destruction. After having it a couple of times, it becomes clear to her that this is a glimpse of something that is going to happen.
She feels as if she needs to warn the town. However, she chooses the moment that may not have been the best. During her fiance's open forum meeting. Now, to a lot of people she is a loon. Will Greg stand behind her or will he think she is as crazy as other people think.
Jill gains a lot more through this situation and it parallels Jonah and the whale. Jonah didn't do what God wanted him to do, so he learned the hard way. Will everyone heed her warning?
You will also learn what sets Jill free of her pain over the accident as well. Virginia Smith and Lori Copeland make a perfect writing team!
I received a copy of this book for free in exchanging for my unbiased opinion.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!