The Legacy by Katherine WebbMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Why I waited so long to read this book I will never know. I had tried to pick it up a couple of times, but got lost right away with this character and that, and slipping back and forth between 1902 and present day. However what started out slow, ended up keeping me up all night finishing it. And I couldn't be more pleased.
Present day has 2 sisters, having to come back to the family home for a short visit. Neither sister wants to stay, but in their grandmother's will she says they both have to live in it, or neither gets it.
But as we go back in time to 1902, we meet Caroline. She escapes her aunt's clutches and marries Corin. Corin is not what Aunt Bathila wanted for her niece. But Caroline is in love. So she goes out west and settles as a rancher's wife. But Caroline has no idea what she is doing.
Modern day, the 2 sisters, Erica and Beth are still reeling from their cousin's disappearance many years ago. Henry just disappeared. I bet everyone always wondered if it was the travelers that have been squatting on the property for ages.
Henry's disappearance, Beth's suicidal feelings, a mysterious baby boy, find out what all of this means and more when you read Webb's captivating first novel. I found myself devouring each page as if it was the air I need. I loved this book! Read it and see if you don't find yourself crying out for more!
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!