Friday, July 29, 2011

Review: Her Sister's Shadow

Her Sister's Shadow by Katharine Britton

Thoroughly enjoyed this story about 4 sisters and the different places our lives go based on decisions we make, whether they be good or bad. Lilli hasn't gone home since 1968 or so and now it is 2009. Her sister Bea that is 9 years older than her calls to say that her husband, Randall passed and would Lilli come home for the funeral. Lilli does, but it brings many memories back, most being terrible but not all. What it does for everyone heals hearts quite a bit in the end I think.

This book took several turns for me, and I enjoyed each one. Savored this book, it seemed to end way too quick.

For Katharine's first book, she really outdid herself. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next. I love these types of stories, I couldn't wait to find out why Lilli didn't want to go home and what happened between her and Bea. Charlotte wasn't in the story much but I grew to love each one. Beautiful story is all I have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!