Sunday, July 17, 2011

Review: True Grit

True Grit by Charles Portis

I didn't know what to expect from this book. Here the movies are real good, but of course the book is always better! I loved Maddie. Such a matter of fact kind of 14 year old that just wants justice for her father's murder.If the law isn't going to go after Tom, the murderer, then Maddie will see it is done.

She finds a lawman, Rooster, who even might have been on the other side of the law. Who's to say. Then there is another lawman who comes from Texas and says he is supposed to pick up Tom alive so he can pay for murdering a senator from there. So you have these 2 burly men, and this 14 year old riding trying to find Tom.

When they do find him, holy cow. I really loved this book, loved the way it ended. A classic for sure! However, I won't say any more than this, you are going to have to read and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!