Monday, July 11, 2011

Review: Life's A Beach

Life's A Beach by Claire Cook

Boy, I totally love Claire Cook's books, but this one really bored me to tears. I couldn't like the main character, Ginger, who is jobless and living out the apartment above her parents' garage. Good Lord! 41 and no direction. She rambled non-stop, really about nothing. Nothing at all. Her boyfriend, Noah, is like a very distant relative. I felt no connection at all. I was hoping personally she would like the gaffer better.

The whole book just seemed to not have any direction whatsoever. The most likeable character was her nephew, Riley, who landed a small part in a shark movie since the shark had gotten itself stuck close to where they live.

Ginger's sister, Geri, is just as much of a mess as Ginger -- Maybe someone can help me see the point of the book? Sorry, I usually LOVE Claire's books, but this one was a dud for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!