Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review: The Lifeguard

The LifeguardThe Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Good. Average. For YA fiction, this was a good book. I think young girls will enjoy it immensely, it is right on their level. A lot of babble, and writings between best friends that will have their attention. And a hot guy to boot.

A lot is going on in Sirena's life. Besides being a teenage girl, her parents are getting divorced so instead of sending her to camp this year, she gets to go to Rhode Island and stay with her aunt Ellie.

What Sirena didn't count on is being taken with Pilot, a local teenage lifeguard. Pilot seems to not like Sirena though, but she can't help but be drawn to him.

I think this book is good, not a to-die-for book but a good light, beach read. I gave it three stars because I felt really rushed in parts and unclear as to what was happening, especially when Sirena was in the hospital. My teenage daughters already requested this book after hearing me talk about it though, and face it, they loved the cover!

I received a copy of this for free from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!