The Passion and The POWER: A Mother's Journey by Carolyn GraceMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Wow, where do I begin? This book is like a train wreck, painful to watch, but unable to look away. At first I wanted to stop reading, about 70 pages in, I couldn't put it down. I was just more and more amazed at what the boys would do next.
No doubt Carolyn and her husband love their boys. Any parent would probably go to the ends of the earth for their children. BUT, there comes a point where you say enough is enough, you are of age and you got yourself into this mess. I can't allow you to harm me physically, emotionally or damage my life any more. TOUGH LOVE. One word, enabling.
I was expecting at some point Carolyn and Bill would say enough, call on God, and say sink or the boys had to figure it out for themselves. I hope in the next book you have come to that point though.
I gave it three stars, one because I was disappointed they haven't used tough love and two because this book could be refined a bit and not so much rambling. I don't know that an editor touched this book.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!