Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review: Tough Guys and Drama Queens

Tough Guys and Drama Queens: How Not to Get Blindsided by Your Child's Teen Years by Mark Gregston What a book! So much to think about. I could go over and over this book with a fine tooth comb many times. Mark is coming from the perspective of a grandparent, having already raised his children. He also works with youth so he knows a bit about teenagers if you will. As parents, yes we need to pick our battles. Yes without relationship it breeds rebellion. Lots of things I thought already I maybe needed to change or work on, so that clarified it for me. But I don't believe in changing or lowering my expectations or certain rules because, hey they are going to do it anyway. None of us in our household have cell phones. Don't need them! If the kids turn 18 and can pay for it, go for it. They don't need to be texting or talking all hours of the night. My only pet peeve about the book. Get it, read it, bookmark it... give copies to others. Your relationship with your children, your spouse and others will improve greatly I bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!