Monday, May 7, 2012

Review: Reckless Heart

Reckless Heart Reckless Heart by Amy Clipston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved it! I really got into it after the first 70 pages. Of course, you can predict it but it was VERY enjoyable.

Lydia's younger sister Ruthie has been ill, and they find out she has cancer -- So their mom and sister have to stay at the hospital for treatments. So that leaves a lot of the responsibilities up to Lydia. She works at the family bakery part time and at the school part time too. So Lydia is feeling a bit overwhelmed.

The one boy, Joshua, Lydia has liked a long time seems to want nothing to do with her anymore.


When Barbie the main teacher at the school sees Lydia being friendly with an English boy, she thinks the worst possible thing and spreads the rumor too! Also Lydia has a secret, she snuck off and drank a beer and lied about it.

Find how it all pans out with God's help!

This book was VERY enjoyable. The only thing I didn't enjoy was a ton of Amish dialect, and half the time I couldn't figure out what they meant. Also, sometimes the story was a bit stilted, didn't flow as well.

I received a copy of this book for free from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!